W8875 Airport Rd
Waterloo WI 53594
Phone: (920) 988-4944
2022-2023 Dog License information and form- READ AND USE THIS FORM TO LICENSE DOGS
The State of Wisconsin requires that all dogs 5 mos. of age and older are required to be licensed annual through you local municipality
- Available from the town treasurer, Sharon Guenterberg (920) 648-8921, W8875 Airport Road, Waterloo, WI 53594
- Annual license required for dogs of 5 months of age and older on April 1 of each year, late fees may apply and current rabies certificate required. (4-2) Late Fees and handling charges will apply if submitted after April 1st.
- Neutered/Spayed dog- See Current Year's Licensing Form (up to 4 dogs in Agricultural Districts, or up to 2 dogs in Residential/Waterfront Districts without needing a kennel license)
- Unaltered dog : See Current Year's Licensing Form (up to 4 dogs in Agricultural Districts, or up to 2 dogs in Residential/Waterfront Districts without needing a kennel license)
- See Kennel requirements below.
- Kennel : See Current Year's Licensing Form- requires a conditional use permit and must have Town Board and Jefferson County Zoning approval.
- SUBMIT FEES AND INFORMATION TO TOWN TREASURER USING THE REQUIRED FORM. SEE LINK ABOVE.
Description of a kennel as defined by the Jefferson County Zoning Ordinance:
"A premises within which one or more of the following activities is conducted: a. Dogs, cats, or other household pets are maintained, boarded, bred, kept, or cared for in return for remuneration or for the purpose of sale. b. Within any agricultural district, five (5) or more dogs are kept as household pets, not counting pups below the age of five (5) months, unless more are allowed by conditional use permit. c. Within any other district, three (3) or more dogs are kept as household pets, not counting pups below the age of five (5) months, unless more are allowed by conditional use permit.
Within the A-1 district, the kennel shall be subject to the following standards: a. Be conducted by the owner or operator of the farm. b. Require no buildings, structures, or improvements other than a farm residence, an Agricultural Accessory Structure, or both. c. Not impair the current or future agricultural use of the farm or of other farmland within a certified farmland preservation zoning district, legally protected from nonagricultural development, or both.” [12/21/82, Ord. No. 11; am. 3/13/12, Ord. 2011-28]
Unlicensed dogs will result in penalty and/or impoundment of animal