(Town Ordinance 5-4 Land Use can be found under the "Ordinances" page of this website)
PETITION PROCESS FOR LAND DIVISION/REZONE, VARIANCE, CONDITIONAL USE AND OTHER SPECIAL PERMITS:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR LAND USE PETITIONER. DO NOT BEGIN OR COMMENCE IN ANY ACTION UNTIL YOU HAVE FINAL APPROVAL FROM THE TOWN OF LAKE MILLS AND JEFFERSON COUNTY.
The Town of Lake Mills abides by the Jefferson County Land Use Ordinances, as well as, the Town of Lake Mills Comprehensive Land Use Plan and Subdivision Ordinance, which require you to appear before The Town of Lake Mills Planning Committee and the Lake Mills Town Board in addition to any meetings at Jefferson County and the City of Lake Mills.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE PROCEDURES WHEN FILING A PETITION MAY RESULT IN LOST TIME AND/OR PENALTY.
The following are examples of requests that require approval by the Town of Lake Mills:
- Land and Building Zoning Changes: Zoning requests and Certified Surveys
- Land Divisions: Division of an existing parcel in any way to create a new parcel
- Subdivision, Condominium and Commercial Plats: Residential, Industrial, Business and Commercial.
- Conditional Use Permits/ Variance Requests: Uses that don’t conform to the present Zoning of a parcel.
- All other Land Use Issues controlled by the current Land Use Ordinances (Town and County)
- Building Placements on lots over 5 acres
- Farmland Consolidations
APPLICATIONS FOR ZONING PERMITS can be found in the "FORMS & PERMITS" section of this website.